How to Apply
Each adult wanting to live in the Saxony must complete the admissions process, which consists of the following steps:
- Submit the required documentation. The required documentation is described below. Submit the documentation to our Building Manager:
c/o The Saxony
1801 Clydesdale Pl. NW
Washington, DC 20009
Once all of the required documentation has been submitted, the Building Manager will forward your application to the Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee will contact you to schedule an interview date. An interview will not be scheduled until all documentation has been submitted.
- Prospective buyers only: You will need to submit additional materials to the Saxony's Transfer and Settlement Agent, the Edmund J. Flynn Company , 5151 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Suite 302, Washington, DC 20016.
Contact them at 202.537.1800 to find out what information they require.
- Complete an interview with the Admissions Committee. The interview normally takes about an hour. Bring your copy of the House Rules to the interview. You should familiarize yourself with the rules in advance. If you are admitted, you will need to pay the move-in fee at the end of the interview.
Note to prospective buyers: You must complete the interview and be approved by the Admissions Committee before you can go to settlement on your apartment. Our settlement agent will not proceed until they have the Board's written approval.
- Prospective buyers only: You will go to settlement. This is commonly referred to as "the closing."
- Arrange a move-in date. A move-in date must be scheduled in advance. Contact the Building Manager to schedule a date.
Each adult desiring to reside in the Saxony must submit the documents listed below.
All prospective residents (buyers and renters) must submit:
- A completed Saxony Application for Occupancy . You can obtain this from the Building Manger.
- A valid (original and current) credit report. You can obtain a report for $35 by requesting one from the Saxony Building Manager. This fee is nonrefundable.
- Written verification of employment and income from your current employer. If you have been in your current position for less than 1 year, you must also provide verification of previous employment. The letter should state your position, length of employment and salary, and must be on company letterhead. If you are self-employed, you will be required to provide proof of income for the previous two years.
- A letter of reference from your most recent landlord.
In addition, all prospective buyers must submit:
- A copy of the sales contract.
- Written verification of current bank accounts (checking, savings, etc.).
- Any other documents required by the Saxony's Transfer and Settlement Agent. These documents should be submitted directly to the Edmund J. Flynn Company.
In addition, all prospective renters must submit:
- Three completed, signed copies of the Saxony Lease Agreement.
- If a person whose name does not appear on the lease (e.g. the prospective tenant's parent) will be responsible for rent payments, you must submit (1) a valid credit report for this person (called the guarantor) and (2) an addendum to the lease agreement signed by the guarantor and notarized by a public notary. This addendum, "Agreement to be Mutually Responsible for Rent Payments," is available upon request.
Submission of these documents does not guarantee admission. You must satisfactorily complete an interview with the Admissions Committee, and the apartment must pass the occupancy inspection performed by the Building Manager.